TECHNICAL DATA & INFORMATION – Click to view complete technical
UV Curing, Low Modulus, Low Outgassing, Urethane Conformal Encapsulant/Coating
UVIKOTE 7503LM-A/B is a low viscosity, two component, electrically insulating, transparent, urethane coating designed for the encapsulation and protection of electrical/electronic components mounted on printed circuit boards. This system provides an excellent combination of flexibility and low modulus for demanding applications where the management of thermomechanical stresses is required.
UVIKOTE 7503LM-A/B coating will become tack free when exposed to the proper UV light radiation. The coating will fully post cure in exposed and shaded areas will continue to post cure in 14 days at 25°C and 50% relative humidity. As an alternative, the post cure for the coating in both exposed and shaded areas may be accelerated with low to moderate heat.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Qualified to Mil-I-46058C and IPC-CC-830C
- Multicure mechanism for complete cure in shaded areas underneath components
- Excellent flexibility and low modulus for reduced stress in the encapsulation of sensitive components (e.g. glass-bodied diodes)
- Meets NASA condensable volatile requirements for high vacuum environments
- Highly reversion resistant for good physical stability under high heat and humidity environments
- Low Tg (-65°C) for excellent low temperature cycling, storage and performance
- Excellent adhesion to plastic/metal components and substrates. Adheres well to itself for multicoat and repair applications
- Ready-to-spray viscosity and long pot life for encapsulation and coating applications
- No TDI, no toxic solvents, no free acrylic acid for safety
- Also available as two component kits that can be stored at room temperature
- Complete companion UV product line available:
- UVIKOTE 7503LMAUTO-PMF or -A/B for use in automated spray/curtain coating equipment. This system contains approximately 25% less solvent than standard UVIKOTE 7503LM-A/B for reduced bubble entrapment.
- UVIKOTE 7504LM-PMF – 100% solids for thicker applications like back-side solder joint encapsulation
- UVISTAKE 7205LM-PMF – thixotropic, non-flow adhesive for wire tacking and component staking
- APTEK 7503 Thinner – non-photosensitive, non-aromatic
- APTEK 7503 Stripper – low viscosity removal of cured coating/adhesive for repair operations
- APTEK 7503 Stripper Gel– thixotropic version for localized removal of cured coating/adhesive