TECHNICAL DATA & INFORMATION – Click to view complete technical
Premixed-frozen, low modulus, low outgassing staking compound
APTEK 2120-PMF is a one component, premixed-frozen, thixotropic, electrically insulating soft urethane adhesive. It was designed for the staking of electrical/electronic components to printed circuit boards.
APTEK 2120-PMF is a 100% solids, solvent free system that will not form voids during cure or outgas after being fully cured.
APTEK 2120-PMF is a non-TDI based urethane system which has outstanding reversion resistance and physical stability when subjected to high heat and humidity environments. As a urethane, this system displays higher ionic purity than epoxy systems minimizing the chance of corrosion around sensitive components and circuitry.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Premixed-frozen and packaged in syringes for convenient dispensing to circuit board
• Low modulus to minimize stress to sensitive components and ceramic substrates
• Low outgassing for space applications and passes requirements of ASTM E-595
• Low Tg for excellent low temperature cycling and performance
• Excellent substrate adhesion; superior to silicones